The Module provides key information for running a Best Practices search.
- There are 10 topics in this module.
- Each topic has three elements: a description or scenario, a self-assessment component, and an explanation and resources.
- To advance the module or return to a previous section, click the "next" or "back" buttons on the bottom of the screen.
- The total time to complete the module is about 30-minutes, including audio components. (Please turn on your speakers for audio.)
There is also a self-assessment guide to help you focus on the main points of the content; please note:
- you can take as long as you need and return to the material as often as you like to complete the self-assessment.
- Answers will not be recorded.
- No record is kept of how many attempts you take to get the best answer.
Why a Faculty Search Committee Module?
- Ensure a fair, bias-free process based on best practices and active recruitment.
- Highlight the breadth of topics related to diversifying applicants pools.
- Introduce new research on recruitment and evaluation of candidates.
- Self-assess knowledge about best practices in diversity hiring.
- Provide references for further discussions during the search process.